Israel Museum II

We visited the Israel Museum again today, spending all our time inside the Archaeology Museum, except for a brief trip to the Shrine of the Book exhibit and the Nano Bible exhibit.

Nano Bible

Bookmark speaking about the Nano Bible exhibit.

The Nano Bible is the smallest Bible (Tanach--Old Testament--only) in the world.  "Nano" means "dwarf", and that's exactly what describes this Bible.  How big is it?  The size of a grain of sugar.

A new technology called Nanotechnology was used in the process of making this Bible.  First, a thin layer of gold was placed over a silicon square.  Then a program directed a laser to engrave the letters of the Bible.  With the program, it took only about an hour and a half to finish engraving the letters of this Bible.


Archaeology Museum

There were so many things to see in this section of the Israel Museum that I could only post a few photos!  My camera memory disc crashed and these photos were taken by my mom (THANKS!); so I'm afraid I've lost a few of my favorites, but that's alright.

This place was so large and had so many rooms and stairways it's easy to get lost in the maze.  I'm thankful my dad has a mental map in his head!  (I usually don't pay attention to where I am going--which is why I frequently bump into people on the streets--though if I do I don't get lost)

Egyptian pottery

Egyptian jewelry

Egyptian game boards

An ancient alphabet was discovered; there is a small screen near the end of this exhibit that allows you to transform your name from English or Hebrew into these ancient letters.

Hope to visit again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The National Bible Bee 2016

Welcome in Israel

San Francisco