Travelling Again!!

More travel!  This time, though, it's for a very long time...

My family and I are getting ready to fly to Asia.  Our flight is at night, so someone comes to pick us up at around nine o'clock in the evening.  We pile all the luggage and boxes into the van and start off for the Los Angeles International Airport.

Boxes full of books packed and ready to go (six in total)!

We check in our baggage and pass our backpacks (and ourselves) through the security check quickly.  There is about an hour left before boarding time for our flight comes.

Waiting in the airport.

I review a few of my National Bible Bee passages (for Game Show, just in case!), then get tired and decide to play an anatomy game on the kindle.

Slowly the minutes tick by, and it is time for us to board the plane (midnight!).  Even though it is our eighth time to Asia, my siblings and I still get excited about flying planes, even if it means losing some sleep because the seats can't go back very far.

As we get settled in the plane and wait for take-off, I borrow my dad's copy of the Los Angeles Times to read the time away.  The airline offered free newspapers, but it was a first-come-first-serve type of thing.  My dad boarded first and took a copy; the rest of us came on a little later.

Reading.

I read a little bit, but my eyelids start drooping at about one o'clock in the morning.  I shove the newspaper under the seat and close my eyes.

I am really exhausted.  Just as the plane starts down the runway, I fall asleep.


A little while later I wake up just as the first meal is about to be served (at about two-thirty).  My siblings are sleeping soundly.  I eat as fast as I can, then fall back asleep again.


Some time later I open my eyes.  We have about six hours left on the plane, but I know I probably can't catch any more sleep.  The hours pass sooooooooo slowly as I try to keep myself from becoming bored.


We eat our second meal right before landing, and I have an omelette.  After I finish the sun comes up on the horizon:

Out the window (blocked by the plane wing).

We are about to land!

Transferring

We take a transfer in South Korea before we reach our actual destination--about five hours to wait.

Inside the Lounge area at the airport.


Arrival

We arrive at our destination in the afternoon.  Passing though customs took less than an hour, a true miracle!

We picked up all our baggage onto two carts and waited outside the airport for someone to pick us up.

Soon we arrived at our apartment, and it didn't take us long to settle in.

Settling in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The National Bible Bee 2016

Welcome in Israel

San Francisco