Israel Trip Highlights

We leave Israel tonight!  It has been a wonderful time to be in the Holy Land.  Here are some highlights from my trip:

Monopoly (in Hebrew!!).  Our family does not have a set, though my siblings and I play it at friends' houses sometimes.  I had to try to recall how Monopoly was played and guess our way around the board.  I could only read a word or two on the "community chest" and "chance" cards ("lose" and "win"), so we had to take a couple of them out of the deck when I couldn't figure out what was written on it.

Popcorn popped the "old-fashioned way"--on the stovetop!  The previous residents of our rented apartment left a bag of popcorn kernels in the cabinet (my family usually doesn't buy popcorn).

The gigantic sand volcano my siblings built at a beach next to the Mediterranean Sea.

Eggs!  What a treat since I don't get them often (my brother is severely allergic to them).

Delicious chocolate-covered ice cream (40 shekels a box; there are 60 per box)

Another delicious treat.  This one is covered with chocolate, and the inside is filled with a marshmallow-caramel tasting substance atop a cracker.

Yesterday evening we were invited by a professor whom my dad collaborates with to dinner at Max Brenner's Chocolate Bar in Tel Aviv right next to the port!  I ordered a "breakfast for dinner" Classic Breakfast and the food was delicious!  Dessert was the best, though.

I had a superb time in Israel!  I'll miss it here and everyone whom I've met.  I hope to be back someday, and may Israel and the Jewish nation be blessed.

Praise the L-RD!  Amen and amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The National Bible Bee 2016

Welcome in Israel

San Francisco